Radioshift is a unique tool to browse and listen to any radio station in the world straight from your desktop. The interface, a mix between iTunes and a news reader, makes it easy to browse and subscribe to new radio stations. You can find shows by using the search window or simply browsing through the categories. Shows are divided into three main sections: spoken, music and sports but you can also search for stations geographically, thanks to a map included in the interface.
Radioshift offers a good deal of extra features like the lists of favorite and popular shows. Once you subscribe to a song (by clicking the + button) it'll be added in the list on the left side of the interface. You can also edit show information, although in a limited way. In terms of usability, Radioshift includes an intro movie and a help manual to get first time users going.
Radioshift is the application of choice for any radio or podcast addict.
- Radioshift now requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
- Radio Guide searches containing non-ASCII characters now work correctly.
- An issue with some "Unsupported URL" errors has been corrected.
- A Flip4Mac install problem, when Microsoft Silverlight was already installed separately, has been fixed.
- An issue with iTunes Music Library paths and the Send to iTunes function has been corrected.
- A string encoding issue with track titles has been fixed.
- Radioshift now properly handles "audio/x-ms-asf" playlists.
- Radiotime branding has been updated to the newer TuneIn branding.
- Many other small stability fixes have been made.